Call Center In India - Call Center Industry in India
Wednesday, June 09, 2004
 
When the Call Center Enthusiasm Dampens

When a fun loving city graduate joins a call center in India, in addition to commendable command over the English language, the employer sees a lot of enthusiasm and positive attitude in him or her while hiring. However, the new call center employee’s zeal dies in the first few weeks. Despair and illusion sets in and the final outcome is that he or she quits the job.

Little do these call center employees realize that instead of fun, what lies ahead of them is much hard work and stressful days. The repetitive nature of the job and repeated rejections from clients are key factors that dishearten the Indian call center employees.

Interestingly, attrition is the biggest challenge faced by call center industry. But in India the attrition is in the range of 35-40%. Ideally, the attrition levels could have been much lower in India considering the fact that, unlike the West and Europe, no other industry gives easy job opportunities like the call center industry.

Indian call centers by and large, look for English language and general attitude, while various crucial factors like- the right fit for the job profile, are ignored. The Indian call centers have time only for hiring, what is lacking, is a structured and robust hiring process.

Jesmine

Comments:
Your blog is great! It's hard to find blogs with good content and people talking about call centers these days! I have a public call centers blog if you want to come leave me a comment or two! May I put a link to this blog of yours on mine?
 
I found a lot of useful info about Database Management on your blog - thank you. I also have a new Database Management Tips blog - please click over and have a look
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a search engine marketing firm site/blog. It pretty much covers search engine marketing firm related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
endless number of these wonderful finds, what with the Internet being a vast network of constantly evolving ideas and all!
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Marketing strategies**blog. It pretty much covers Marketing Strategeis articles related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hello! What at great blog you have going. I'm new to blogging and I am trying to build up my visitors. I blog about home business internet marketing. I am also offering the eBook "Adsense Empire" to my visitors.... Stop by & get your copy today
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hello there. I enjoyed your blog and comments. As a special announcement to marketers who would like substantial savings in mortgage leads, please see mymortgage leads here: http://www.pennypercall.com. Thanks.
 
Hi Blogger!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
work at home computer business
It pretty much covers work at home computer business related issues.
Best regards!
 
Great Blog. I enjoyed the information. Many marketers are solving the email blocking and filtering by discovering voice broadcasting. 100 percent of the messages get through! See mortgage leads at mortgage leads
 
hello ##name##. Living in CA , we are always looking for ways to save us some money on any home in the south.no interest loans if you know of a website or relaible business that can help us, please let us know.no interest loans
thanks
 
Hi,

I hope to be able to create one blog like yours sometim. It helped me a lot, since the info you provide is what I was looking for.

Regards,
make fast money online
 
Post a Comment


free hit counter

Powered by Blogger